Saturday, January 16, 2010

Reflection 4

I've learned alot from reading these articles. Maybe even too much than what I wanted to learn. I see now that there is proof that humans come from Africa. All of the remains that I have read about in these articles are found in some in part of Africa. In 1974, a complete skeleton nicknamed Lucy, was discovered near Hadar in Ethipia. She's classified as an Australopithe cus afarensis also known as Hominid. a Hominid is an ape similar or related to humans. Lucy looks like a chimpanzee and also has huma characteristics. Because of this dicsovery, some scientist believe that humans originated in Africa, while others believe or Hominid ancestors pre adapted to a more open country thst came to prevail in Africa later on. After this DNA test (still debated today) it seems as if Homo sapiens evolved once in Africa, then moved out of Africa to Europe and Asia. Although there is plenty of proof that evolution could be true. I don't know what to believe. These theories don't go hand in hand with my beliefs about where humans come from. You may argue that when it comes to these types of thing s one has to be open minded. There are so many questions that i have that have to be answered before i even begin to consider this statement to be true. If humans come from monkeys, why are there still monkeys? How is it possible that we evolved from them but there are still some of them here? That makes no sense to me. Maybe the bines that they are finding are just a type of mokey that walks up straight. Monkey's already look like humnaks so maybe those did too. When Lucy was discovered did any one take the time to figure out if she and all othe australopithecus afarensis were just another type of monkey? They probably just died out over time and now only the monkeys that walk on all fours exist. After reading these artivcles my mind can't stop racing about the discoveries and what I have been taught all of my life. I was taught and rased to believe that God created man, and when he created man they were in human form. Therefore, I refuse to believe that we evolved form chimps. There are alos ttheories about humans evolving from cavemen and historic fish, so what makes this theory any different for me to believe? Theses articles do nothing but confuse me. These are the subjects that i often avoid because they make me feel quite uncomfortable.

1 comment:

  1. Seek out more information to clarify. evolution and a belief in God is not mutually exclusiv, unless you decide that it is.

    ReplyDelete